1) Sales alone can't grow and scale your business. If you don't have enough talented and capable Human Capital onboard to do the work and service the client's needs, then more sales won't help your company grow. It can actually hurt your reputation by not being able to deliver.
2) Organizations can have the best ideas or products in the world but without great employees and more particular talented leadership to facilitate the process of managing the flow of operations, those ideas and products will die.
3) If you think an attractive job description is enough to help "land you" that hard to find Enterprise Sales Person or Software Engineer that most organizations covet today that is a mistake you can't afford to make. Organizations need to do more and the answer to that is a "one-two punch" of Employer Branding alongside creating an Amazing Candidate Experience that will stick in a Job Seeker's Mind!
4) For the strategic roles within an organization such as Sales/Marketing/Technology/Leadership it would be wise for an organization to determine what their Ideal Employee OR Avatar would look like. The reason being, these are the roles that are critical to branding your organization to their client base and helps drive success!
5) If you want to retention of your good employees at your company keep in mind what is key to Employees. They want good leaders that can help them not only be productive, but grow!
Steve Rosen-HR Talent Acquisition Strategist